For information on the current homework your child should be attempting, please see their current curriculum booklet. These can be found at the following links:
Homework is used across school for the following reasons:
- Promote positive attitudes to work
- Raise achievement of all pupils
- Consolidate and reinforce skills and understanding in literacy and Numeracy and across the curriculum
- Encourage and develop independent learning
- Increase self-discipline
- Develop the home/school partnership
- Prepare children for secondary transfer in Year 6.
A variety of types of homework are used depending on the age and ability of the pupils. These include:
- Learning spellings, multiplication tables, and mental arithmetic tasks
- Completion of class work
- A piece of research on a familiar or a new topic
- Revision for a test
- A piece of Numeracy, science or literacy work
- Other work agreed with parents.