What is the Pupil Premium Grant?
The Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers. Each year, this funding is deployed by school in a range of ways to support disadvantaged pupils and this is reviewed each September to identify the impact it has had.
At Carrfield, we aim to use the Pupil Premium funding to help break down barriers to learning for children who are disadvantaged. We aim to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, have access to high-quality opportunities so as to ensure that every child has full opportunity to reach their potential. Our strategy is to be inclusive to all children and maintain strong progress for every child in school. More information can be found in the documents below but Carrfield is committed to using the Pupil Premium funding to:
- Address low attainment due to children’s historic background;
- Support children with attendance and punctuality;
- Support children with behaviour, social and emotional issues and ensure they are able to form strong friendship groups and positive learning behaviours;
- Develop speech, language and communication of children;
- Provide wider opportunities for children;
- Improve children’s self-esteem and emotional literacy;
- Develop children’s resilience through wider opportunities.
For more information about how we use the funding to ensure the school’s strategy is achieved, please click the links below for more information about the school’s spending of the Pupil Premium Grant:
The designated governor for Carrfield’s use of Pupil Premium funding is Mr. Eddie Child.
What is the PE & Sports Premium Grant?
The PE & Sport Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. Each year, this funding is deployed by school in a range of ways to promote the development of a healthy, active lifestyle and this is reviewed each September to identify the impact it has had.
Click the links below for more information about the school’s spending of the PE & Sports Premium Grant: